Wednesday 13 June 2012

Proposal

For this project I am very interested in doing portraiture; The girl I have asked to model for me for is very into fashion and fashion styles and the leaning of the portraits will take a fashionista approach. I would like to take her out of her comfort-zone a little, as she wears almost entirely black, I would like her to wear something colourful. I also want to take a slightly grungy approach to photographing her, although without the nudity which appears in many 'fashion' shoots - especially when they're more grunge than gorgeous. I have looked at Hedi Slimane and Corrine Day for inspiration - Day tends to use quite vibrant colours, while Slimane makes stunning photos.
The studio shoot, is where I most want her to wear bright clothes, as I will be able to use professional lighting to make everything more saturated. I will need a studio; with lights and transmitter, camera and light meter, I will use a plain white background.
 Aside from the studio shoot, I would like to have the other two shoot at Kirkstall Abbey, as it would a stunning back drop, that would hopefully help to set the scene of the photos and compliment to clothing she wears, which may be dark/black if its very cloudy. I may need a flash gun, but should be fine with just a camera.
To present my work I would like to use a simple layout - but using large, statement photos to grab peoples attention and almost force them to look at the photos I have produced, and adding extra interest to them.

The photographing schedule should be no longer than a week, however it does have to fit around college and family (she looks after her grandmother as she is currently unwell) and may take closer to 2 weeks to complete the photographs. I will then choose between the photos and edit them, before choosing a finale layout and sending for printing - this should take roughly a week. The week after, the finale week of the assignment, I will mount the photos on foam board, and hang them for exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment