Thursday 14 June 2012

Not-Powerpoint, Powerpoint

'PowerPoint' of development of ideas

I initially looked at the Fashion, Portrait and Landscape briefs, brain storming what possibilities I had with each subject; and then possible ideas for each.
sorry it's upside down, I cant flip it the right way up
 I preferred both portrait and fashion over landscape, so asked Sinita Miyangar  - a friend of mine who is both very interested in fashion and has modeled her sister's, a clothing design student, clothes; Keeping Landscape as my second choice.


After Sinita agreed to be my model, I thought about potential style I could use. 
I looked mainly at Hedi Slimane and Corrine Day. After finding some of Slimane's work, I decided that it was down that aesthetic route I wanted to go; While Corrine Day uses a brighter pallette, which I aslo quite liked.


Hedi Slimane

I then thought about how to transfer these styles to my own work - drawing possible positions for my model to take. Not all were used.

   



While drawing stick figures, I also thought about where my not-studio location could be. I liked the idea of working in either her house or mine, but the lighting would be difficult to make bright enough, so decided against it. However, we both live near Kirkstall Abbey, which could provide a spectacular Gothic background that could either compliment the clothes she wore, or just add an interesting back drop, especially as it is also in a park. I chose Kirkstall Abbey for both other shoots.


   
















We met up first chance we got to discuss clothes and make-up. We sort-of went off on a tangent (I wanted her to wear colourful clothes, and she suggested themeing the project) and started discussing a British themed project, but decided against it in the end due to self-conscientiousness regarding how obvious it would be. I decided that there had to be at least one shoot where she wore colour, and to try to get her to wear colourful clothes in the rest of the shoots as well.


This is some of what we ended up with (edited) :)









I then had to work out the layout for the exhibition, making countless sketches for how to fit my large prints on the boards provided







And the final exhibit looked like this:





No comments:

Post a Comment