Thursday 19 January 2012

task 7: evaluation

Task 1: Task 1 should have been one of the easiest tasks to do, but examples of several of the in-camera techniques were sometimes hard to find - especially the stocking/tights over the lens idea; typing stocking  or tights into Google images (for example)more or less exclusively showed hosiery shopping results.

Task 2: Recreating the in-camera techniques was more of a general experimentation with cling film and foil than genuinely trying to recreate images using the techniques. Making the images soft and blurry with cling film was actually quite hard, as the cling film had definite edges when folded over, and my camera kept focusing on the cling film. I ended up using someone else's camera, and it still didn't work so well.

Task 3: Digital production methods vary greatly - there are several different programs  and software, and versions of software, and new versions are being created all the time. This meant that much of the information I found was irrelevant for the version of Photoshop I was using, I mainly messed around with the available effects I found, such as Gradient (next task)

Task 4: for the Health and Safety, I was sat at a desk for the most part of this unit, so wasn't sure what this meant. The editing of these photos was more messing around with Photoshop than hard work

Task 5:Editing the photos in Photoshop was, in fact, fairly easy, although, trying to recreate the tunnel effect was much harder than I expected it to be, although I don't think I may not have have tried hard enough with it.

Task 6: The images I have chosen to use are simply the same images with different edits. The photos are fairly ambiguous - I have left the heads of the 2 girls out of the picture, they could be anyone. The edit style I used makes the outlines - as well as the central colours - stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment