Thursday 19 January 2012

ideas - task 2/3

The photos are very grainy because I used a high ISO (1600 or 800) - to avoid this I should use a lower ISO and longer exposure (which I would probably need a tripod for). The last few photos were taken on the bus, hence the reflections and bad focus. Also, it may the lights dont really stand out so much on the town hall, taking the photos later on (when its a little darker) should help.
The photos have very little continuity - there is little or no narrative. This is not helped by the fact that the photographs have clearly been taken in completely different corners of the city center. The more abstract photograph of some windows, although I rather like it, it does not fit in with the other far less abstract pictures.
The reason the photos are so different from each other and have little narratives I was experimenting - I took the photos just to see where I should take the photos and what style I should use, rather than instantly looking to find and use a narrative. I later took more photos when it was darker, then looked at different ways I could edit them. The narrative itself creates the narrative more than the photos themselves.















No comments:

Post a Comment