Thursday 10 November 2011

task 2: Bokeh

Bokeh
I like the effect bokeh produces, making dots of light into shapes. It hasnt worked very well using my camera, but I borrowed someone else's and it produced much more realised shapes.
triangles

stick man (can see this properly)










hearts

stars (looks like the stick men)










squares - look more like circles


I really like the funnel effect I played around with, I dont think it necessarily worked in the way it was supposed to, as the foil was crinkled. That it made one small part of the picture so prominent, I think could be very useful in some circumstances.







Using the cling film was less successful, using it left large translucent patches on the camera. or created a spiderweb effect across the lens, which is not what I was after.
I did get 2 photos that were fairly effective, but they still had an uneven finish, with only a small bit in focus




I also tried tearing up the foil and holding it to the lens of the camera with cling film, the first attempt at this didnt really work as the camera focused on the film and foil, when (with Tim's help) the automatic focus was found and turned off, the results were much more what I'd been aiming for, small sections of the picture blacked out.


No comments:

Post a Comment